At Graitec we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this notice sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Information that you provide to us by subscribing to our software
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Our legal basis for using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not include any of your personal identifiable information;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal identifiable information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
How long we store your personal information
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or pseudonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere in this privacy notice, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Except as provided in this privacy notice, we will not provide your information to third parties.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this privacy notice.
For EU countries information will not to be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless that country or territory has adequate levels of protection (equal to or above that of EU countries).
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Your rights regarding personal information
Individuals have a right to make a ‘data subject access request’ to gain access to personal information that we about you.
If you make a subject access request, and if we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding and processing it, and how long we will keep it for
- Tell you who it has been, or will be, shared with
- Let you know whether any automated decision-making is being applied to your personal information, and any consequences of this
- Give you a copy of the information in an intelligible form
Individuals also have the right for their personal information to be transmitted electronically to another organisation in certain circumstances.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
Under data protection law, individuals have certain rights regarding how their personal information is used and kept safe, including the right to:
- Object to the use of personal information if it would cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent it being used to send direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means (by a computer or machine, rather than by a person)
- In certain circumstances, have personal information corrected, deleted or destroyed, or restrict processing
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations
How to stop direct marketing
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the unsubscribe link in any email communication that we send you.
- If you have a Graitec Advantage account sign into your account and visit the Profile area and mark I wish to receive direct marketing communication as Do Not Allow.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Graitec take any complaints about our collection and use of personal information very seriously.
If you think that our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or have any other concern about our data processing, please raise this with us in the first instance.
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
- Report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Call +44303 123 1113
- Or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom
Privacy notice amendments
We may update this privacy notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.