CMS for Autodesk® Inventor®
Exporting design data for downstream use can always run into challenges and one of those challenges facing many designers and manufacturers is how to quickly export an Inventor file to NC file format suitable for structural steel CNC machine fabrication.
The ability to produce DSTV .NC1 files not only helps to streamline your own productions times, but with steel suppliers trying to digitise and streamline their own processes as well, many are starting to offer financial incentives to customers supplying DSTV NC files they can use with their own production systems.
Inventor DSTV export for structural steel CNC machines
StrucSoft’s CMS for Autodesk® Inventor® is a CAD/CAM software application dedicated to the production and manipulation of DSTV-NC (nc1) file output format. The software quickly generates files with the extension*.NC1 according to user preferences for accurate communication between design software and CNC machines that produce structural steel.
As the Strucsoft’s solution works directly with your software it also negates the need to invest in other costly CAD/CAM software or indeed the need to go through the painful process of multiple file conversions which can result in errors.
CMS is not only availabe for Inventor, buut is also available for both AutoCAD and Solidworks.
What is DSTV Standard?
DSTV is an industrial standard developed by the German steel construction association (Deutsche STahlbau Verband). Each part that is created will have its own DSTV file and the DSTV file will describe operations within a part or assembly, such as:
- Cuts (AK blocks in DSTV) and Openings (IK blocks in DSTV)
- Drills and Slot Holes (BO blocks in DSTV)
- Markings / Etching (KO blocks in DSTV)
- Text Stenciling (SI blocks in DSTV)
Users can utilize CMS for Autodesk® Inventor® to convert any native Inventor part (*.ipt) files, and STP/ STEP/ IGS files directly from your Inventor platform.
CMS for Autodesk® Inventor® Key Features:
- Works both on parts and assemblies
- Converts any models within Inventor:
- Content Center Models
- Frame Generated Models
- Extrude bodies with any extrude directions
- Sheet Metal
- STEP/ STP / SAT/ IGES files without any pre-processing
- Maps iProperties properties to DSTV header data
- Automates shape size mapping from Inventor iProperties
- Completely web-based licensing
- Compatible with AISC, CISC, DIN, Australian, New Zealand, and British shape standards
Current machines that support the DSTV format:
- Ocean Machinery
CMS for Autodesk® Inventor® Benefits:
- Instant generation of DSTV NC1 files
- Quickly make changes to DSTV NC1 files directly in Inventor®
- Communicate with beam lines, drill lines and plasma cutters
- Reduce time from detailing up to fabrication
Users are not limited to only reviewing their part within inventor, users can also review their part from StrucSoft’s free DSTV Viewer.
Learn more about CMS for Autodesk® Inventor®
To lean more about this CMS for Autodesk Inventor or request your free 15 day trial today, simply click on the button below to get in contact and a member of the team will get back to you.