JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Applications Engineer
BASE / LOCATION: Expected to travel to various northern Graitec offices (Bradford, Durham & Nottingham), main office being dependent on candidates base location.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Professional Service Manager, Manufacturing Division
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB:
The position of Manufacturing Applications Engineer is a customer-facing role with three main areas of involvement. These are the provision of pre-sales support, post-sales support, and training services relating to manufacturing design and any related software sold and supported by Graitec, primarily Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD and Vault.
Pre-Sales Support, including:
• Advising clients on issues relating to the choice and use of appropriate design and data management software, including specification of appropriate system platforms.
• Providing practical demonstrations of the use of Manufacturing software related to client needs
• Delivering presentations on manufacturing software at customer meetings and events
• Providing technical assistance to sales staff during the pre-sales stage of client negotiations
Post-Sales Support, including:
• Advising clients on technical issues relating to the implementation and use of their design and data management software
• Liaising with suppliers where necessary to research and identify solutions to client issues
• Carrying out on-site installation and configuration of Manufacturing industry software
• Provision of manufacturing design and data management services
• On the job project related consultancy services
Training Services, including:
• Delivering Autodesk Authorised Manufacturing Training Courses to clients in-house or on-site
• Preparing and delivering Bespoke Manufacturing Training Courses to clients in-house or on-site
• Conducting post-Training Course customer reviews
• Assisting with training administration duties e.g. Customer Evaluations, Courseware, Training Certificates
General Company Duties, including:
• Researching and providing technical advice to company management on new product opportunities
• Providing first-line in-house IT support and management
• Assisting the Sales and Marketing staff with business development matters
• Contributing generally to the Company’s development and success
Candidates for this position should possess the following:
1. Excellent knowledge and experience of using Inventor, AutoCAD, Vault (advantages) and Autodesk’s Product Design Suites within a working environment.
2. Good understanding of 3D design, detailing and data management processes.
3. Practical experience of using 3D design and data management software in the manufacturing industry, CAD reseller or training company environment is preferred.
4. Strong technical appreciation of 3D CAD software and associated systems.
5. Excellent general computer literacy skills inc. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and use of the Internet.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills, including face-to-face, telephone and written communication skills.
7. Good ability to relate software product features to customer needs and benefits.
8. General commercial awareness and experience.
9. An understanding of project management within industry.
• Professionalism, personal integrity and reliability.
• A positive “hands-on” work ethic.
• Initiative and enthusiasm guided by mature sense of judgement.
• A cheerful and even disposition.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• An adaptable and flexible team player.
Revit Structure and Engineering Software AE based in Southampton
An exciting opportunity has opened for a Revit Structure and Engineering Software Application Engineer to join our expanding team.
As one of the UK's leading Autodesk UK partners, Graitec (part of the Graitec Group) continue to grow and deliver a top quality service, with an emphasis on supplying a fully integrated solution from CAD software to CAD workstations, associated hardware, IT infrastructure and professional consultancy services.
As a Revit Structure and Engineering Software Application Engineer in a mobile role you should have specialist knowledge from within the structural, engineering & construction industry and have associated Autodesk product knowledge. You should have a minimum of a BEng in Civil/Structural engineering at 2:2 or above and a minimum of 2 years’ experience using Autodesk Revit. Experience in Analysis and Design software would also be beneficial.
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation & delivery of pre-sales technical product demonstrations of various Autodesk and Graitec UK software products
- Delivery of training courses on various Autodesk and Graitec UK software products
- Consultancy services with use of various Autodesk and Graitec UK software products
- Provision of client technical assistance via telephone and remote desktop
This position has a starting basic salary of £30k per annum with 23 days holiday as well as bank holidays. Salary will then be reviewed and amended in-line with business goals achieved throughout the course of employment.
BIM, Application and Project Workflow Co-ordinator
We have a fantastic opportunity with one of our leading clients for a BIM, Application and Project Workflow Co-ordinator.
Our client, a world renowned Architect based in London is currently seeking an experienced professional to work alongside its project teams helping implement Building Information Modelling with biased toward Autodesk Revit as the deliverable.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• High level of experience using/supporting the following CAD/Design applications:
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Bentley Microstation
- GT Digital Project
- Adobe Creative Suite
• MSCCM – Desirable
• VB, Python, MEL scripting – Desirable
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
• The ability to perform training and work with project teams on the deliverable side of the business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Manage and develop global “best practices”
• Development of documentation in all areas
• Manage the design portfolio
Location of Role:
Farringdon, London with support for global offices
Depending on experience
For further information about this fantastic opportunity please give us a call
Graitec Limited are award winning resellers of Autodesk products and services. You will therefore be working for a fast paced B2B environment. Your role will be making a large number of pro-active calls to design professionals throughout the UK.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
This role would suite someone who is confident, articulate and a good communicator who has a proven track record of opening opportunities. You will be a good team player with a will to win.
This is a full time role (40 Hours pw) with an OTE of £22,000 + per annum
Field Sales Representative
We are currently looking for a Field Sales Representative to join our expanding award winning Autodesk reseller team.
Candidates will be pro-active and will possess the following key attributes:
- Proven record of selling B2B Solutions to the UK SME market
- Excellent selling, negotiation and networking skills
- A passion and energy for growing your own business
- Drive for results to the expectations of the company
This is a full time role and a full driving licence will be required. Expected OTE of 60K + per annum and either a company car or car allowance, making this a very rewarding position for the ideal candidate.
Field Application Engineers
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to promote the use of BIM – Building Information Modelling and DP - Digital Prototyping within our customer base and new clients.
If you enjoy showing technology and helping customers maximise their return on investment then we would like to hear from you. You will provide technical support, training and consultancy and aid the sales process by way of validating the software.
You must be able to work on your own initiative and to set targets. Covering the UK, this is predominately a field based role. Good working knowledge of IT infrastructure is needed but full training and support will be given.
Salary, commission, bonus and car allowance
Graitec Professional Services Division provide a number of services to our customers including Custom solution integration and development, CAD implementation & customisation, 2D & 3D custom content creation, and Data management consultancy & implementation.
Due to continued expansion we now require an additional programmer to join our team.
The work undertaken will be varied and include developing add-ins for the Autodesk line of products which enhance the standard functionality to meet specific customer needs. Solutions also involve the Microsoft Office product line, and in some cases may be completely bespoke systems written from the ground up.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent, in a relevant subject such as Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering.
• Formal education in object oriented design and programming.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET languages and technologies, especially C#.
• Self-starter with creativity, who can work both independently and within a team.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to learn quickly.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working with Autodesk products (such as AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, Vault, etc).
• Experience developing add-ins for Autodesk products, as above.
• Microsoft Office automation and developing add-ins using VSTO.
• Microsoft SQL Server.
• Developing apps for mobile devices, with iOS and Android
Salary negotiable according to experience.
Please send your C.V. to:
Graitec Limited, Riverside House, Brunel Road, Calmore Industrial Estate, Totton, Southampton, SO40 3WX
Absolutely no agencies need apply.